Daily spelling practice – week 9 list
Choose an activity and learn these spellings ready to be tested on Friday.
LESSON 4: FROM SOURCE TO MOUTH - RIVER SEVERN
WALT – understand how all the parts of the river fit together.
Watch the attached video and take notes to help you answer the questions below in your writing book.
River Severn From Source to Mouth
- What type of land is the river Severn’s source found on?
- Where is the river Severn’s source?
- How high above sea level is its source?
- What type of river feature is formed by the streams near the source?
- What is ‘River Load’
- What is the most common way a waterfall is formed?
- What happens on the outside of the river bend?
- Why is building on a floodplain bad? Give two reasons.
- What is a river ‘Estuary’?
- What human activities happen near the river mouth?